3 Little Social Media Tips & Tricks to Master

Social media can be a tricky beast to tame: every company has different audiences, budgets, and goals. While one local business may do well just having a Facebook page, another might need to reach customers through a platform such as Instagram. Knowing where you fit in can be tough.

It can also be a challenge to keep up with all the changes on the platforms. What works great one week might not work so well the week after a major update is rolled out.

So, what are some basic tips that will work in the long-term? What can you count on to bring you good results? The following tips aren’t short-term, high-risk strategies; they’re tried-and-true methods of bringing in followers and engagement. They take time and dedication, but they’re sure to pay off.

Be Consistent

Like we said, social media success takes time and dedication. This inherently requires consistency in your updates. You don’t need to update every network multiple times a day, but you do need to create a schedule and be diligent about sticking to it. For example, if your goal is to post one Facebook update a day, make sure you can follow through with it. You can always use free apps such as Buffer, Hootsuite, and dlvr.it to help you schedule posts. This will ensure updates are always going out, even if you’re on vacation or you’re going through a little bit of an inspiration “dry spell.”

Share your Posts—and Posts by Others

There’s a little thing called the 80/20 rule. This rule means that 80% of the time, you should be sharing posts that inform and educate your audience, and the other 20% of the time, you should be pushing your products and services. It might seem a little counter-intuitive—why would you want to share posts that could draw attention away from your products? But this is actually a great way to keep your audience engaged. People are annoyed by constant self-promotion. They do, however, respond to a great balance of information and sales related to that information.

Share Multimedia

Images are always a great way to reach your audience. Videos are also a popular way to get engagement. Posts with images tend to get the most interaction simply because people enjoy scrolling through Facebook and Twitter—they don’t always want to take the time to watch a video. However, if you’re looking into placing ads on Facebook, video tends to outperform images in most situations. If this all seems a little back-and-forth, that’s because it is. It’s best to test which type of media works best for your marketing strategy. However, the general rule is that you should always share some type of media with your post. People don’t like clicking on plain text links.

#tipsandtricks #socialmedia

16 Ansichten0 Kommentare

Aktuelle Beiträge

Alle ansehen



Search Defined. We power your business to be found online while giving you the tools you need to run your business in the digital age.

Search Defined
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Google+ Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon
  • White YouTube Icon